Towards The Pantheon
A downloadable game
Towards The Pantheon is a top down 2D role-playing game currently in development where four unlikely heroes venture through a variety of dangerous regions to find and defeat the source of The Sworn Light at The Pantheon. Follow the unique and unusual journey of Freyja the warrior, Bam the cat, Mishima the cyborg, and Phenez the ghost on their simultaneously lighthearted, fun, dark, and painful adventure!
- Release Date: Aiming for Q4 2017.
- Developer: Connor O.R.T. Linning.
- Genres: Role Playing Game, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Horror.
- Started: June 2016.
- Website: http://www.towardsthepantheon.com
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam. Console & Smartphone ports TBD.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Soundcloud, Instagram, Twitch, Google+, Pinterest, Imgur, Gamedev.net, and IndieDB.
Gone are the RPG clichés of potions, wars between elemental gods, and plots about youngsters who accidentally stumble upon a magic power that allows them to save the world. Instead Towards The Pantheon is a unique and unusual game that follows Freyja the warrior, Bam the cat, Mishima the cyborg, and Phenez the ghost on their simultaneously lighthearted, fun, dark, and painful adventure.
Whether it be silent protagonist Freyja searching for self confidence to overcome her mutism, Bam wishing he was back home with his stash of catnip, Mishima’s conflict over whether she must replace her heart with a computer chip in order to fit into her cyberpunk society, or Phenez’ dark struggle for redemption, Towards The Pantheon deals with personal and philosophical topics that all players can relate to.
While the game draws inspiration from a variety of classics ranging from Paper Mario to Silent Hill to Golden Sun, Towards The Pantheon is an ambitious game that aims to leave its own mark of originality. It is currently aiming for release at the end of 2017.
- Ability to switch between the four main characters, each with unique overworld mechanics.
- Turn based combat system where each character has unique battle mechanics.
- A Card/Combo system that allows collectible cards and combos found throughout the world to be used during battle.
- A huge fully connected overworld with an interconnected transportation system.
- More than 10 regions to explore including lush forests, freezing planes of snow, cyberpunk cities, barren wastelands, and an abandoned mansion.
- Dialog and support systems that allow for further character development and stat boosts.
- A full original soundtrack that combines modern production techniques with SNES/GBC/Genesis era synthesizers. The soundtrack will be released as both an Original Soundtrack (~70 minutes) and Complete Soundtrack (containing every song in the game).
- A unique and complex overarching story line that ties together more than 5 races spread over 10 regions, each contributing to a deep and rich lore.
“This ambitious game looks very different from other RPGs — I can’t wait to take on the adventure.” – Jupiter Hadley, www.Playsource.co
“Let me just say right off the bat that if you’re making an RPG where I get to play as a cat named Bam, you’ve immediately caught my interest.” – Jared Nelson, www.TouchArcade.com
“The game looks great and the music is boss.”
– Mark McAvoy, www.SuperGamerPodcast.com
**Towards The Pantheon is currently in development**